Wednesday, October 10, 2007

crackle candles
















I made the crackle candle and it came out very cool looking. I am going to post a picture tonight of it, but I am not sure how well the crackles will show up. I ended up making the candle sort of a light peach color so the contrast of the white crackles might not show up in the picture. I plan on making another one in a darker shade so you can see it better.

The punch finally came in for the air fresheners last night. I played with a few more of them but the punch really didn’t put a hole all the way in the thing so I am going to keep working on another method for being able to hang them.

Since I last wrote I made a batch of Love Spell soap.

Love Spell:
Described as a blend of Cherry Blossom, Muguet, Red Apple and Georgia Peach, with hints of Tamarind and Blonde wood. This is a scent I think is wonderful and on top of that it is very strong one.

I made this batch using neon pink, but it actually came out as a nice soft pink. I added mica powder for some shimmer as well as everyone’s favorite Jojoba beads for exfoliating. The beads are black so the soap came out pretty cool looking with the soft pink and black beads.

Between the Wild berry Zinger Tea and the Love Spell soap my place smells amazing when you walk in the door!

I have also been playing around with making tarts. I burned an autumn apple tart last night to test them out. I was sitting at the computer and I smelled something good and it took me awhile to figure out it was the tart I was burning. I kept trying to figure out if it was the soap I was beveling. That is the funny part about being in a house of scents most of the time you have a hard time telling them apart! :)
The soap picture doesn't really show how great these colors look in person but give you the basic idea for now.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin