Thursday, July 21, 2011

Going way back to my first soap & candles!

Pomegranate my first ever soap that I made


First Candles


The one on the right was coffee soap and yes I put in way too much ground coffee they were way too rough!

Few batches under my belt I started figuring out the swirling some.
This one is Black Raspberry Vanilla



This post is inspired by Patrice from The Soap Seductions trip down memory lane post.

I had to dig deep in the images to find these. So I started making candles about 2-3 years before I started making soap. These are my first real candles that I made. Well tech all the chunks were the ones that I made first but they were so bad I chunked them up and made these.

My first candles were so bad I got sticks stuck in them trying to make holes for wicks. Another one I didn't get the wick in there good and like an idiot I poured it with the mold sitting in the sink and the wax poured straight down the drain and clogged it! I managed to fix the clog but then the sink wouldn't go back together cause the parts were so old so the apartment manager had to call a plumber. Shhh I never told them I had poured wax down the drain, lol.

Now onto the soap. First one I ever made was scented with Pomegranate see picture above. I sure have come a long way from these! My bars are now much bigger and these were made before they started making the addictive that keeps the soaps from turning that brown/tan.

We all had to start some where right?

5 comments:

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

personally, i think the coffee soap is kinda cool as is...

i haven't seen your candles in ages:)

Anonymous said...

I don't pour candles anymore but I sure remember some of the first ones I did!! My husband would come home and ask what the heck I had done to the kitchen :-)

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

ha Sarah well at least I know I wasn't alone in messing up the kitchen!

I know Patrice I haven't been making as many candles as before or I forget to take pictures of them.

Amy Warden said...

Good times!!! I don't even have photos of my first soap. I kept one for a long time, but I don't have it anymore. The wax down the drain story is awesome!!

Go Green! said...

Love the swirl design!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin