Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beer Soap




Took my turn at making some Beer soap. I have a large number of male buyers so I was looking for a few new scents to offer this year and decided on one scented like Beer.

I can't say making this one was fun, let's just say when beer mixes with lye it makes the most putrid smell you can imagine. Yet some how after it is all done it doesn't smell bad.

I had to give this one out to a tester since I am not familiar with the scent of beer. My tester reported back that he liked it so I am now adding some to my line to see how it sells.

Beer is a truly unique fragrance, it is a combined aroma of malt liquor straight from the tap, with a fruity twist. Combined notes of malt liquor and hops with fruity notes of strawberry, pineapple, apple, and raspberry.

7 comments:

Amy Warden said...

Beer soap is definitely a good seller for me. I scent mine with patchouli and a little bit of clove. Oh, and I did try out BB's new beer fragrances too - they are outstanding! The lye does make the beer stink pretty bad though - my plastic lye pitcher will still smell after going through the dishwasher.

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

sure is hard to get that smell out of your read right Amy?

Amy said...

Beer Soap? That is awesome. Men are so weird. You should make a bacon soap next!

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

I have thought about it but I just can't figure out why anyone would want to go around smelling like bacon all the time!?!?!?

Teresa Robeson said...

Bacon soap would be a totally cool novelty!

The beer soap sounds neat; I might have to try it. ;)

Thanks for the birthday wishes for my son!

Anne-Marie said...

I totally know the icky smell you're talking about! Whenever we make beer soap here everyone wanders through the soap studio wondering what stinks so bad! LOL

Unknown said...

I love Shocktop, it's one of my favorite beers (aside from Blue Moon). Love how you used it for soap. Nice work!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin